Save time, stress & money. You build it, we book it!
All the guests can pay direct, making it a breeze!
Trusted by over 600k partygoers!
Take the bride-tribe abroad!
Check out the greatest destinations on the planet for a hen do abroad and get set for one monumental hen party!
A to Z of European Hen Weekends
How It Works
Pick from 100s of fab activity and accommodation options.
We'll arrange the whole event, you take all the credit! Book it with a small £50 deposit.
Enjoy a memorable weekend you'll all be talking about for years to come!
15 of the Best Hen Weekends Abroad
- Albufeira - Stunning coastline, beautiful boat trips, hen-tastic nightlife.
- Amsterdam - Wham, bam, thank you, Amsterdam, for a weekend like no other.
- Barcelona - One of Europe's most exciting cities for big nights out.
- Benidorm - You really haven't partied, until you've partied Benidorm-style.
- Berlin - A fascinating city for hen party adventure and exploration.
- Budapest - Hot baths, cold cocktails - a city of wonderful extremes.
- Dublin - One of the world's most famous party cities for good reason.
- Tenerife - Possibly the sunniest party destination in Europe!
- Ibiza - Everyone should party in Ibiza at least once in their lifetime.
- Lisbon - A sophisticated, sun-drenched city with food, drinks and laughs.
- Madrid - Europe's best-dressed hen party city for fashionista hens.
- Marbella - Glitz, glamour, suntans and Instagram snapshots. #HenLife
- Paris - Explore the romance and style of this iconic party capital.
- Prague - A totally unique adventure for wanderlust hen-sploration.
- Valencia - Prepare those wedding tans with some fun in the sun.
Planning a Hen Do Abroad
When it comes to deciding how far to go with a hen party, the sky really is the limit. Budget airlines and price wars have made Europe really accessible for hen weekends abroad. We should know, at GoHen we've been providing the best hen party packages since way back in 2002 with more than 600,000 clients partying with us. We've built up some great European partnerships during that time with unrivalled local knowledge. We can even steer you in the direction of the best value flight operators to your chosen destination.
This is a special once in a lifetime occasion for the nearly-wed, and a European hen party gives you a chance to see new sights and visit new party cities so you can let your hair down on an international scale.
A Little Local Knowledge...
It's always a worry booking any trip away and hoping that everything will be as promised. We appreciate that this is a big weekend for your party and don't leave anything to chance. That's why we personally visit all our destinations to check that our providers meet our high standards and to ensure you have a fantastic hassle-free weekend. Having worked in Europe for so long, we have built up unrivalled partnerships with the best hotels and activity providers.
Organising a group trip can be hard work at times (people drop in, people drop out, people fall out...), that's why we'll give you a dedicated Event Manager who will work with you to not only help you plan your weekend but make sure every detail is taken care of. That means you can have someone else doing all the legwork and worrying for you, allowing you to relax and have a great time with the rest of the girls knowing everything is being taken care of.
Sun, Sea and Sangria...
There's so much to be said for the best UK cities, but if you need a healthy fix of vitamin D with your pre-wedding party, then we've got a big selection of beach holiday locations for your hen weekend abroad. For example, you could visit the sun-soaked city of Barcelona for a quick weekend of sun, sand, sea, sangria and some serious shopping. Alternatively, a relaxing weekend on the beaches of the Albufeira is hard to beat. You can live it large in "Marbs" or head to the Mediterranean island of Ibiza for world-class partying in between relaxing on the beach. Spain offers a wide variety of choices and with a little know-how you can track down great flight deals to fantastic destinations (ask our team for advice - we're happy to help).
Not every hen party wants to focus purely on beach life, so if you want more of a city break and add a little culture to your hen weekend abroad, you could consider more historic cities where you can't turn a corner without seeing some beautiful sights.
Planning A Hen Party Abroad - Getting It Right From The Start
If you're planning a hen weekend abroad, you will need to make sure all the girls are clued up in advance so you have no last-minute panics. Firstly, ask everyone to double-check their passports. While that might sound obvious, sadly some hens do overlook this detail which can lead to having to leave people behind. Secondly, make sure you are prepared for your flights. Security guidelines are constantly changing, so here at GoHen, we make sure we stay in touch with all the latest developments.
- Electronic devices - Electrical devices will need to be charged as they must be seen to be working. This includes mobile phones. If you can't turn it on you won't be permitted to take it on the plane.
- Liquids - No more than 100ml containers are allowed of any liquid and they must measure 20cm x 20cm maximum. They should also be kept in a re-sealable plastic bag, and just 1 bag per person (medicines are exempt - FYI, wine is not considered a medicine).
- Cigarette lighters - Lighters are allowed to be carried onboard but must also be kept in a re-sealable bag and are not allowed in hand luggage.
- Razors - Razor blades can be carried in hand luggage.
- EU Countries - You can bring in an unlimited amount of duty-free goods into the UK from EU countries as long as it is for personal use.
- Non-EU Countries - Strict limits apply for goods coming in from outside the EU: 200 cigarettes, 4 litres of still wine, 1 litre of spirits, 16 litres of beer, up to £390 worth of all other goods.
- Luggage allowance - Check with your airline for size and weight restrictions on luggage.
For more travel information on visas, travel insurance, and tips, visit our Hen travel page.
You can read more on Government Airport Restrictions here.
Visas, Insurance & The EHIC
If any of your guests have a non-British passport it's worth checking - you don't want to have to tearfully wave goodbye to anyone at the luggage carousel.
For visa requirements, IATA is a great place to start.
If you're heading for a European hen weekend, travel insurance is a good idea. Then back that up with a free European Health Insurance Card (note - the EHIC is not a substitute for insurance).
Flights & Airport Transfers
Getting the flights right makes a big difference. The advantage is you can just leave the group to book their own. With the budget airlines, you can often fly from different parts of the UK - so it works well if you have a group that's spread out all over the country or even in different countries, and it's one less thing for you to do. As usual, the earlier people book, the cheaper the airfares. You can find flight details on all of our international destination pages. We take care of everything else at the other end from the moment you land, so we'll coordinate airport transfers, making sure they're smooth, easy and efficient.
Currency, Info & Etiquette
When heading on a hen weekend abroad, it pays to know about exchange rates and be clued up on a little local knowledge - you'll get some great specific info on our hen party planning tips pages, but in the meantime, check out live currency exchange rates on XE.
You at the back... Stop giggling. We're not talking about that kind of protection. However, we would urge you to make sure you are financially protected. If you're heading on a hen weekend abroad, you need to be sure that should there be any issues, that all the hard-earned cash you have urged the girls to hand over doesn't go astray.
We'd recommend you book with an ABTA bonded company (GoHen - ABTA No W7797). ABTA requires that company comply with strict financial practices to ensure travellers are fully protected financially, meaning you'll have peace of mind that all your money is in safe hands.
Let's Get This Party Started!
So now we just need to make things happen. Our team are happy to help and will work with you to help you create a tailor-made package to suit the bride-to-be and all her guests and save you money.
You can put us to the test by giving us a brief outline of what you'd like for your weekend, and we'll send you a hassle-free quote for the perfect, all singing, all dancing, memory-filled, sun-kissed hen weekend abroad.