Grab a hen do bargain, amazing packages starting from £50pp Hen Deals >

OK... it's not the most exciting part of the planning, but getting travel insurance for your hen party is important.

You and the guys are going to be splashing your hard-earned money on the bride's big celebration, why would you not protect it?

Let's run through what you need to know...

Do I need travel insurance for a hen party in the UK?

To put it simply... yes!

Unlike when you head abroad, you won't need accident or illness cover (thanks to the NHS), but you might want to protect yourselves against theft, cancellation, delays, etc.

It won't cost much and it's 100% worth it for the peace of mind.

Start planning your UK hen party today with the help of GoHen.

Do I need travel insurance for a hen party in Europe?

No ifs. No buts. You should definitely get travel insurance for your European hen party.

Yes, if you don't have the right insurance in place and something went wrong, you could end up with a hefty bill (we're talking tens of thousands of pounds).

Check out the latest government statistics for the latest info.

Can we get insurance to cover us as a group?


You can insure up to 10 people easily and it can work out super cheap.

You can insure above 10, but this will vary from company to company.

What sort of cover do we need to get?

Don't just book a random package and hope it covers you (it happens more than you think!).

Make sure you know what your policy covers - we'd recommend looking for policies that have medical cover for about £2 million per person.

Always check the small print...

It's essential.

Yes, it's boring. Yes, we'd all rather be doing something else.

But it's incredibly important.

Don't get caught out.

What's not covered?

As a group of hens, you may need to look out for the following:

  • Alcohol Policy - A lot of insurers will not cover you for incidents that occur after excessive alcohol consumption
  • Extreme Sports - Stuff like quad biking, bungee jumping, etc., aren't usually covered as standard

Check the general policy exclusions at the bottom of the page on the Gov. website.

UK Global & European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC)

Global and EHIC cards are still available to UK citizens.

These can get you big discounts or even free medical treatment should you fall ill when you're abroad.

You can get one here if you haven't got one already.

Who we'd recommend...

Here at GoHen, we've partnered with our friends at Just Travel Cover.

They will be able to get you solo or group cover for you and the guys.

Visit Just Travel Cover today to make sure you're sorted.

Not Booked the Hen Do Yet?

Avoid the stress and hassle of planning solo with the help of GoHen.

We've been arranging legendary hen weekends since way back in 2002 and are here to take all the pressure off your shoulders.

It's also free to enquire, so why wouldn't you put us to the test?

Head to our hen party homepage now to kickstart the planning process and let us help organise the best hen ever!

Book with GoHen

You May Also Like...

As mentioned in

Travel Safety & Advice

For information on staying safe and healthy while travelling abroad as well as local laws and latest government advice on destinations visit the FCO Travel Aware website.