Hen + stAG = HAG Party
Top 12 Hag Do Ideas
- Glamping - Sleeping in tents? That's so 90's, enjoy the great outdoors with added class.
- Pub Treasure Hunt - A smartphone-based team showdown, with added pubs along the waheeey!
- Inflatable Games - Your own giant TV game show with foam, costumes and more...
- Quidditch - Get utterly potty with this brilliant unisex sporting contest. It's wizard!
- Hen-Limpic Games - It's the Olympics for people who don't take sport (or fitness) seriously!
- Somerset Challenge - Now imagine the Olympics were planned by farmers drinking too much scrumpy!
- Dance Class - Take the boys out of their comfort zone and into a huge joint dance routine.
- HAG-Fest - Private mini live music festival with glamping, silent disco, activities and more...
- School Sports Day - Go back to school as everyone relives their youth with hilarious results.
- Bubble Mayhen - The funniest sporting event since synchronized bra-strap bungee jumping was outlawed.
- Country Retreat - Hire your own huge country party pad for the weekend. Catering, music and more.
- Scouse Knockout - A sporting event that's so scouse it knows all the lyrics to Hey Jude!
What Is a Hag Do?
A hag do or hag party is a coming together of all the younger wedding guests and rather than two separate pre-wedding parties, you get twice the number of friends all in one place. It's kind of like having the wedding but without the boring legal bits or older relatives to have to take into consideration. You can just have the party you want!
What Are The Benefits of a Hag Do?
A hag party makes sense for so many reasons...
- Shared Costs - Rather than two potentially expensive weekends ahead of the wedding, the groups can pool their resources for a massive weekend to remember.
- Twice the Fun - All those friends in couples get to party with their other half, all those single friends get to mingle. And create more future wedding bells perhaps?
- No Worries - No need for anyone to worry if everyone is enjoying a great time together. Win/win!
How To Plan a Hag Party?
At GoHen we're really aware of just how stressful planning a hen do can be, since 2002 we've planned over 500,000 pre-wedding parties. Add the grooms into the mix and who needs that sort of headache? Well, actually, it can be easier. You'll have the best man to help you. But even better than that, you can have GoHen doing all the hard work for you. Tell us your dates, number of guests, preferred location and we'll take care of the rest.
Battle of the Sexes
A joint hag party opens up all sorts of possibilities for the fun and games you can have. You can set your teams as hen vs stags or split the teams evenly, either way you'll be sure of plenty of competition and some brilliant laughs.
The other joy with a hag do is that you're not responsible for all the planning. Get in touch with the groom's best man and between you, you can hatch all manner of dastardly plans with suitable fun and games, plus surprises for the guests of honour.
You could go all out and not tell either of them your plans and totally surprise them when not only do they head to their respective hen/stag dos to meet everyone but they also find their other half and all their friends as well for one huge collaborative knees up!
If you'd like more ideas for a hag do you can contact our team and we can give you a great idea of just what's available and how to get the party started. Call us today on 01225 4747200.
Hag Party Nightlife Ideas
- Riverboat Cruise - Set sail with the girls and guys for an evening of striking views and balmy entertainment! With a fully licensed bar, disco and dancefloor this will certainly be a party to remember. Read more...
- Pub Crawl - You can take the show on the road. If you're heading overseas, we'll arrange for a guide to show you the best bars in town and make sure you're all kept fed and watered on your big night out. Read more...
- Guestlist Nightclubbing - On such an important night you don't want to find yourselves queuing like mere partygoers. This is a night to remember and should be held back by a little red rope, we'll ensure the doormen lift the barrier to one side as you're all welcomed in. We can even arrange for your own VIP booths in selected clubs.Read more...
Rise of the Hag Do
It's easy to see why the hag do is becoming more and more popular. You can cut costs (always popular with all the guests and the newlyweds), you can double the fun, you can see the bride and groom having the time of their lives and that, after all, is what it's all about. There has been noticeable media attention from the press and the hag do is no longer a novelty, it's now considered really fashionable. So why not be on trend?
Celebrity Hag Parties
Loads of celebrities have celebrated with a joint hag party...
- Brian McFadden & Vogue Williams - 'Brogue' celebrated their nuptials together in Dublin, where they rented a huge hotel suite for friends and family.
- Freddie Andrews & Holly Branson - The Virgin heiress celebrated with her fiancé and friends in Verbier with a skiing weekend.
- Jessica Simpson & Eric Johnson - Singer, actress and Newlyweds star Jessica Simpson and American footballer hunk hubby Eric Johnson had joint pre-wedding party in 2014.
- Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes - Back in 2006 Tom and Katie celebrated with a hag party in Rome with 60 friends and a lively three-course meal.
How to Book a Hag Do
Booking your joint hag party with GoHen couldn't be simpler, just scan through the many amazing hen activities and hen night ideas we offer and send us a brief with your ideas. Alternatively call us on 01225 474200, we'll be happy to discuss the many options available. And discuss it with the best man where he'll find our big brother, StagWeb, full of stag and 'sten' party ideas.