Harry Potter Hen Party
Save time, stress & money. You build it, we book it!
All the guests can pay direct, making it a breeze!
Trusted by over 600k partygoers!
Perfect for bride-to-be potter fans!
If the bride-to-be is potty about Harry and all things Hogwarts, then a Harry Potter hen party is the perfect fit and we have plenty of Harry Potter hen party ideas for you. From activities to games, dare cards to nicknames, you can shake it all up, cocktails, potions, laughs and spells with our Harry Potter hen activities.
Calling all muggles...
Harry potter hen parties are becoming increasingly popular
so please book early to avoid missing out.
Call our team on 01225 474200 or send an enquiry today!
"Amazing hen weekend in Oxford, Harry Potter escape room & cocktail making. Great value for money. Would definitely recommend!"
10 Harry Potter Hen Party Ideas
- Studio Tour - Tour the WB studios, see the sets, costumes even try some butterbeer.
- Escape Room (Oxford) - Locked in a room, you have 60 seconds to escape, can your magic skills help?
- Escape Room (Edinburgh) - Another Harry Potter themed escape room in the city that inspired JK Rowling.
- Cocktail Potions - Learn how to whip up delicious potions and magical cocktails with a true master.
- Harry Potter Tour - Visit the Edinburgh sites that shaped and inspired the world of Harry Potter.
- Tour for Muggles - See some of the most important film locations from the Potter movies.
- Cinema Hire - Screen your favourite Potter movie in a private cinema with snacks and cocktails.
- Potter Package - An entire weekend dedicated to all things Harry. Perfect for Potterhead brides.
- Dare Ya - Make Potter themed dare cards with spells, names and Potter trivia.
- Name Hat - Make a naming hat and give all the girls a Hogwarts sounding nickname.
How To Plan A Harry Potter Hen Party
If the bride-to-be is still a Potterhead all these years on, then you can give her the most magical Harry Potter hen weekend. Don't know where to start? No problem, you don't even need a magic wand, here's everything you need for a perfectly Potter weekend.
- ...Dare Cards
- ...Scavenger Hunt
- H.P. OMG!
- Potterpedia - 27 Potter Facts
- What Happened Next...
Muggles Magic Dare Card Game
What You'll Need
- Dares printed and cut out
- Sorting hat
- Apprentice wizards
How To Play
- Put all the dares in a sorting hat
- Each hen must take it in turns to take a dare
- Hens are wizards, non-hens should be considered muggles
Spellbound - Perform a spell on a stranger.
Digits - Get a hot muggle's phone number.
Movie Magic - Pick a hen to help you and then act out a scene from a famous movie.
Articus Particus - Build a man's sexual organs from random items.
Chesticiarmus - Get a photo of you stroking a man's bare chest.
Swaplelum - Exchange a piece of clothing with a male muggle.
Muggle Love - Blow a kiss to a random muggle across the room.
Singing Toad - Serenade a muggle.
Enchanted - Get a muggle to serenade the bride-to-be.
Hug-a-muggle - Get a photo hugging a doorman.
Tarantellegra - Do random, energetic, freestyle dancing for one minute.
Aguamenti - Make a drink disappear in one go.
Sorting Hat - Get a photo of you wearing a muggle's hat.
Arresto Momentum - Stand completely still for two minutes.
Hottus Pottus - Go flirt with a sexy muggle.
Say "Cheese" - Ask a muggle to take a picture of you with their camera.
Potty Talk - Go talk to a guy about how much you love Harry Potter.
Pretty Boy - Get a man to let you give him a magic makeover.
Hagrid's Man Boobs - Get a photo of you kissing a hairy chest.
Voldemort's Head - Get a photo of you kissing a bald man's head.
Hatty Potter - Make a magic hat for the bride out of loo roll.
Potter Spotter - Get a photo of someone who looks like a Harry Potter character.
Double Digits - Get as many muggle's phone numbers as you can in 5 minutes.
Goblet of Fire - Order a tequila, add plenty of tabasco & drink it!
Think your Harry Potter hen weekend needs some suitable nicknames?
Try our nickname generator to give all the hens a hilarious Hogwarts handle.
Harry Potter Themed Scavenger Hunt
As organiser you'll take on the role of Minister of Magic and oversee the game (you can also join one of the teams, so you don't miss the fun).
What You'll Need
- A list of magic tasks
- Collection bags
How To Play
- Split the hens into houses with a hen bag for each team
- The teams have 90 minutes to fill their bags with as many items/tasks as possible.
- Points are awarded for each task complete or item found.
- The team with the most points will be declared winners.
- Bonus points are also up for grabs.
- The Minister's decision is final on whether tasks have been completed properly.
- 5 points for every item/photo/video
- 1st team back 15 points
- 2nd team back 10 points
- 3rd team back 5 points
- 4th team back 0 points
- Making the minister laugh with an item/photo, 5 points
Minister of Magic
"Ok wizards, it's time to mix among the muggles and fill your Hermione hen bags with as many magical items as possible! Use your muggle smartphones where needed.
You have 90 minutes to complete your mission.
- A photo of a wizard
- A picture of the team casting a spell
- Something tasty
- An item of male muggle underwear
- Some butterbeer or muggle juice to get me drunk!
- Unicorn tears
- A photo of someone who looks like a Harry Potter character
- A video of the team performing a spell
- A picture of the team behind bars
- A hot guy's phone number, photo please!
- A video of all the team dancing... Gangnam Style
- 5 bonus points if you get muggles to join in
- A picture of the team with a guy showing his muscles
- A joke
- A new wand
- A video re-enacting your favourite Harry Potter scene
- A quidditch snitch
- A picture of the team knee-deep in water
- A magic charm for the bride-to-be
- Harry Potter was born on July 31st, 1980.
- He turned 40 in 2020 (how old does that make you feel?)
- Hermione is a year older so will already be 40 in September 2019.
- Harry shares his birthday with JK Rowling.
- In the French versions of the books, Voldemort's middle name is 'Elvis'.
- Michael Jackson asked JK Rowling's permission to write a Harry Potter musical.
- Both Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint both admitted to fancying Emma Watson during filming.
- Harry Potter is the biggest selling book series of all time.
Potterpedia - 27 Facts For True Potterheads
- The first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was published on June 26th, 1997.
- The first HP movie hit our screens on November 16th, 2001.
- The Harry Potter books have been translated into over 70 languages including Latin and Ancient Greek.
- Originally, Ron Weasley's character swore a ^&*%ing lot but Rowling's publisher thought that was inappropriate for children.
- There have been a number of fake sequels published in other languages such as; Harry Potter and the Porcelain Doll, Harry Potter in Calcutta and Harry Potter and the Chinese Overseas Students at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- JK Rowling has been awarded an OBE in Britain, Prince of Asturias Award for Concord in Spain and the Legion of Honour in France as well as numerous honorary degrees.
- Twelve publishers rejected Harry Potter before Bloomsbury signed up the book deal of the century.
- The first draft of the first novel was done using a typewriter.
- The first print run was for just 500 books, it has gone on to sell over 100 million (and counting).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sold 11,000,000 copies on the first day alone.
- When Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was released, publishers Bloomsbury asked shops not to put it on sale until the end of the school day to prevent truancy.
- The word 'Muggle' is now in the Oxford English Dictionary.
- At Hogwarts school, passing grades include 'Outstanding', 'Exceeds Expectations', and 'Acceptable' while failing grades are 'Poor', 'Dreadful', and 'Troll'.
- When Coca-Cola won the rights to tie in its products with the launch of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Rowling insisted the company donate $18 million to the American 'Reading Is Fundamental' campaign to encourage children to read.
- JK Rowling's parents met on a train from King's Cross Station.
- Only one character in the series is named after a real person, 'Natalie McDonald', a young Canadian girl who wrote to JK Rowling shortly before she died of cancer.
- Rupert Grint originally sent in a video of him pretending to be his drama teacher (who was female) and rapping about how he wanted to be Ron.
- Director Alfonso Cuaron wanted the three stars of the films to get more acquainted with the books, so he asked them to write an essay about their characters. And exactly true to their characters Emma Watson wrote 16-pages, Daniel Radcliffe wrote 1 concise page and Rupert Grint didn't hand in a single page.
- To prevent the book getting leaked, Bloomsbury gave Deathly Hallows fake codenames including Edinburgh Potmakers and The Life and Times of Clara Rose Lovett.
- In later interviews, Rowling revealed she always considered Dumbledore to be gay.
- While the ingredients might be accessible, you can't make a potion with a wand according to Rowling. "Merely adding dead flies and asphodel to a pot hanging over a fire will give you nothing but nasty-tasting, not to mention poisonous, soup."
- Much of Hermione's character was based on JK Rowling when she was a teenager.
- Hermione's patronus is an otter which is JK Rowling's favourite animal which falls asleep holding hands.
- In Deathly Hallows, Ron and Hermione fall asleep holding hands. Just like the otters.
- Ron's patronus is a Jack Russell Terrier, which are known for chasing otters.
- Originally JK Rowling planned for the last word in the final book to be "scar" but finally changed it to "All was well".
- The chair from the Edinburgh flat JK Rowling used used to write the first two novels sold at auction for £278,000.
After The Books - What Happened Next...
Have you ever wondered what happened to all the main characters? According to comments in interviews with JK Rowling and pieces from the books' epilogues and later publishing's, here's the lowdown:
- Harry married Ginny Weasley, the sister of his best friend Ron.
- Harry joined the Ministry of Magic, where he became an Auror (dark wizard catcher) and is now Head Auror.
- Ginny Weasley became a professional quidditch player for the Holyhead Harpies before becoming the quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.
- Harry and Ginny have three children, James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna.
- Ron and Hermione married and had two children, Rose and Hugo.
- Ron also became an Auror for the Ministry of Magic but left to help his brother George run Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
- Hermione took up a post at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures before joining the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
- Ron is godfather to Harry and Ginny's eldest, James Sirius.
- George Weasley married Angelina Johnson, they have two kids, Fred and Roxanne.
- Harry, Ron and Hermione attended the 427th Quidditch World Cup where Harry was VIP and the event was won by Viktor Krum, who was playing for Bulgaria.
- Draco Malfoy married Astoria Greengrass; they have one son.
- James Sirius Potter, Harry's oldest son, stole the Marauder's Map from his dad's desk.
- Albus Severus, their other son, was invited to tea at Hogwarts by Hagrid, exactly the way he did for Harry.
- Neville Longbottom also joined the Ministry of Magic as an Auror and is now Professor of Herbology at Hogwarts. He married another ex-Hogwarts student Hannah Abbott.
- Professor McGonagall married Elphinstone Urquart, her former boss at the Ministry of Magic.
- Luna Lovegood became a naturalist before marrying Rolf Scamander, they have twin sons, Lorcan and Lysander.
- Cho Chang married a muggle.
- Winky the house-elf stayed at Hogwarts, but never got over her addiction to Butterbeer.
Please note; These are Potter themed hen party activities and not in anyway affiliated with the books of JK Rowling with the exception of Warner Bros studios.