Afternoon Tea Cruise in Oxford
- Instagram-friendly cruise
- Fabulous finger sandwiches
- Devilishly good cakes
- Pretty pastries
- Scones with clotted cream
- Selection of fine tea
We don't need your final balance until 6 weeks before your event date.
Easy individual payments
Book it all effortlessly in one place
We even plant 1 tree per person
- Cruise along the charming stretch of river used in the Oxford Uni's regatta
- View the University Boat Houses and Christ Church Meadows
- Sail through water meadows and spot wildlife around Iffley
- You'll also travel through the ancient Iffley Lock
- But best of all you'll get to enjoy a delicious afternoon tea
- Dainty sandwiches, delicate cakes, pretty pasties and more
After weeks of often stressful wedding planning, this could be exactly the kind of treat the bride needs. An afternoon with her best friends, aboard a stunning boat, drifting lazily along the river and tucking into a scrumptious afternoon tea (because of course calories don't count during a hen party... allegedly). Weekends just don't get better than this.
You'll set off, heading downstream from Folly Bridge taking in some of the most picturesque reaches of this part of the River Thames. You'll pass the University Regatta Course, Christ Church Meadows, the University College Boat Houses and other well-known local landmarks along the way to Iffley lock.
This is often a busy and vibrant section of the river where you might spot hunky rowing crews, gentle punts and pleasure boats all dotted along the river in a scene that has been played out for over a hundred years. Passing through the lock at Iffley itself is quite an experience. The river is also home to some incredible wildlife with swans, kingfishers, water voles and otters all making homes along the river.
Historic buildings, picture-perfect vistas, lush green banks and overhanging willows are all dream backdrops for those Instagram updates and memorable selfies. This area was also a favourite with Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland.
And you'll get your own delicious tea party (mad hatters?):
- Fabulous finger sandwiches
- Scones with strawberry jam, fresh strawberries and clotted cream
- Dainty cakes, tarts or petit fours
- A selection of fine teas
You can also purchase other drinks at the departure point.
A fabulously refined afternoon for divinely different hens and something a little unique to create lasting hen weekend memories.
Booking Your Unforgettable Hen Party...
- Enquire today & we'll get to work building your big event
- Be sure to book early to secure your preferred times & dates
- Low deposits, each hen pays directly, 1000s of fabulous reviews
Join the gang...
Over 600,000 have partied with GoHen!
Hens Also Love
Please Note: We work with 1000s of suppliers across the UK & Europe so prices, availability, photos and specifics on our afternoon tea cruise activity may vary depending on your preferred location and dates.
Feel free to ask your Destination Specialist at the time of booking if you have any questions about this.