This page contains affiliate links to products, and we may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links, at no cost to you. Find out more.
Grab some butterbeers and get set for a magical (and boozy) night in with this awesome Harry Potter drinking game. Yes, when the glorious worlds of Harry Potter and alcohol collide, special things happen! The Harry Potter drinking game is a great way to spend an evening with your closest pals watching the greatest film franchise of all-time (don't @ us!). So let's step to it... Accio alcohol!
The problem with a lot of drinking games is that sometimes there are just too many rules to follow and people lose track of who you are, why you're here and what's going on (a bit like a backfired Lockhart Memory Charm, are we right?), so we've kept it short and sweet so it's easy to remember!
Harry Potter Drinking Game Rules
- Every time some says: 'Harry Potter'
- Every time someone whips out their wand
- Every time Harry shows his scar (or moans about it)
- Every time Hermione is a smart arse
- Every time Ron says: 'Bloody Hell', 'Blimey' or any other Ron-like exclamation
- Voldemort/He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is mentioned
- Someone mentions a house (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw)
- Whenever anyone is flying (excluding Quidditch)
- Hagrid says something he shouldn't
Finish Your Drink
- A main character dies
- Someone says: 'Mudblood'
- Harry catches a Snitch (Golden not a tell tale)
- Someone Avada Kedavras
- A Horcrux gets destroyed
Feel free to mix, match and add your own. The beauty of the Harry Potter drinking game is you can tailor the rules to suit your Potter knowledge or the film you're watching.
Please Drink Responsibly
Drinking games are meant to be fun. They're not about getting as drunk as physically possible, so please do drink responsibly and go steady. If you find you're drinking too frequently, remove some of the rules and reduce the amount you drink. We want you to have a great time, not go OTT.