If you’ve never planned a hen party before it can seem a slightly daunting task (we should know, here at GoHen we’ve now helped over 500,000 clients head to fantastic pre-wedding celebrations).
We naturally advise using a hen party planning service, not only does this take all the hassle out of organising your weekend (we’ll do all the running around while you relax and start perusing the cocktail menus knowing everything is in safe hands) but it will also save you money and ensure the accommodation, activities, clubs and restaurants are up to standard as we visit all our destinations in person so we can be sure they meet our high standards.
Here’s a quick checklist to consider before you get planning;
1. Set the date
- Make sure there's enough space between the party and the wedding to allow for recovery time.
- Check with the bride-to-be for clashes with any other events eg. birthdays, special occasions, holidays etc.
- ‘Tis the season. Plan for the weather at the time of year you want to go.
- How many nights do you want to go for?
- Bag a bargain. Check with our team for any date related deals.
2. Approximate numbers
- Not too much to worry about with this one in the early stages. We only need an approximate number to start with so it doesn't matter too much if there are a few 'maybes’. Still, you’ll probably want to know a ball park figure, since hen party planning for 5 is very different to planning for 50 but you can adjust numbers with GoHen up to five weeks before the event.
3. Where do you want to go?
- UK or Europe, or maybe even further afield?
- Set your destination according to quality/bride’s history / activities / entertainment / weather / tans / budget / avoiding the stag do?
- If you're going abroad, which airports can you fly there from? Our dedicated international team can help you find flight info from airports to suit you.
- How expensive are the flights? (e.g. long haul New York or a short hop to Dublin?). Can everyone in the group afford it? Is it expensive when you're there? (some countries/cities can be more budget friendly than others)
- Are the activities that you want to do available in the destination?
- What do you want from your destination? Sun/fun/nightlife/action/etc.
4. What do you want to do?
- What daytime activities do you want?
- Is there a particular activity/challenge the bride wants to try?
- Do you want a surprise for the hen?
- What's most likely to be enjoyed by the entire group?
- What kind of a budget are you working to?
- How far are you willing to travel?
- Do you want the weekend to be action-packed, laid-back or something a bit different?
5. What do you want to do on the hen night?
You need a plan for the hen otherwise it can all start to fall apart once the cocktails start flowing, you don't want to end up queuing for ages to get in anywhere or worse still get turned away, so hen party planning can’t be dropped as soon as you’ve opened the bubbly...
- When do you want the night out to start and how much do you want to fit in?
- Do you have any local knowledge? If not, you may want to get some information or a bar guide, particularly in foreign countries.
- Do you need any transport either between venues or back to the hotel at the end of the night?
- When and where will you be eating? You want to make sure you're not waiting around for a table and losing precious hen night time!
- Does everyone in the group know each other? If not, you might want to book something as an ice-breaker on the first night, like a comedy club or cabaret night.
6. What kind of accommodation
- What standard of accommodation do you want?
- Is the budget the most important thing when booking accommodation or is there a minimum standard that you want?
- How close to the city centre do you want to be? With GoHen all our major city accommodation is right in the heart of the city centre and the best of the action.
- Do you want a hotel, apartments, hostel, B&B, self-catering or even glamping? Check out our accommodation options here...
- Are there any particular facilities that you want?
7. Sit back & relax
Once you've decided on what you want, just send us a brief enquiry or call 01225 474200 and then relax. Within 24 hours we'll send you back a no hassle quote for your approximate group size (even if you don’t have exact numbers). You can then send that on to the girls to have a look at. Remember, you don't have to confirm final group numbers until 6 weeks before the event. Your best bet to avoid any disappointment is to get us to hold your weekend as soon as possible so you get the best pick of activities and accommodation before they all get booked up.
How To Plan a Hen Do in 7 Easy Steps
- Set The Date
- Set a budget
- Get all the guests to commit
- Choose your destination
- Pick your daytime activities
- Plan something special for the evenings
- Decide what type of accommodation
- Keep everyone updated with plans