Published on October 9th, 2012 | by Genevieve0
Top 5 things to do on your Glasgow hen weekend
With incredible shopping to be done, a lively music scene and a huge range of activities, Glasgow is a stunning hen destination with an electric atmosphere. Alongside that there’s also striking Victorian architecture, stylish bars, world-class restaurants and a buzzing club culture, all mixing together to give your hen party the kudos it deserves!
To give you some inspiration for a weekend away in this vibrant city here are the top 5 things to do when you’re over there:
- Go shopping! It’s not widely known that Glasgow is a shoppers gem, but take note ladies because there’s some excellent retail therapy to be had. The newest shopping centre to take pride of place in the city is the Buchanan Galleries which has an award winning 2000 space car park and a superb choice of 80 quality shops. There’s also St Enoch Centre, Prince’s Square and The Italian Centre, as well as of loads of other wonderful shopping options.
- Get active! Make the most of a weekend with the girls and leave with excellent memories- plan some exciting activities for when you’re there! You could start the day with Honda pilots before trying your hand at Bollywood dancing. Rest with afternoon tea and then have some giggles with our fab highland games activity! If you fancy something a little more relaxing how about all getting back massages before doing some cheeky life drawing and finishing with the ever-popular cocktail mixing!
- Visit the West End. Glasgow’s West End is a bohemian district of great café’s, tea rooms, clubs, bars and restaurants. The atmosphere’s exciting all year round and it’s the hangout area of visiting celebs. It’s worth a visit for the beautiful Gothic architecture and classy bars alone, plus if you’re seeking out some culture there’s a range of great galleries.
- Soak in the main sights. Whether you’re looking for some history or not, there’s no denying that there’s stunning timelessness surrounding Glasgow Cathedral and the neighbouring Victorian and Gothic architecture. Great picture opportunities also present themselves at the Botanic Gardens, the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and the Glasgow School of Art.
- Fill your evening with fun! Why not try a spot of blackjack or roulette with the girls at a Glasgow casino before embarking on our famous boogie bus? Let it take you to an exciting hen hosts show before you spend the night VIP nightclubbing! Glasgow really does have an excellent nightlife scene and all areas of the city are often alive until the early hours.
Although these are our top 5 suggestions, there are millions more things to do in this magical city. Skip down the cobbled streets, poking your noses in the fancy boutiques and trying the famous Scottish whisky. Look up from any part in the city and admire all the overhead architecture; the twisting spires and gothic statues mingled with a plethora of greenery and a joyful atmosphere.